Saturday, July 10, 2010

Hotel at last

I finally arrived at the Quality Inn in Santo Domingo.

It's been a long day of travel, especially since I left Ventura over 24 hours ago. I'm looking forward to some sleep and one last hot shower before my flight in the morning. It's a good thing I took Angelica's packing advice to heart -- thanks friend!

On a positive note, the people of Santo Domingo have been very friendly. The airport was so welcoming and people line up and cheer when you leave immigration. So different from arriving at LAX where people stand around baggage claim waiting to get back into traffic. I had some Dominican tacos for dinner and they were pretty tasty, but they didn't have any hot sauce when I asked for it.

I am also so blessed to have met the missionaries from Florida. Jessica, Mellissa, LaGaye, and Isaac have been by my side since Gate 16 in San Juan. They are traveling from Gainesville, Florida to a different part of Haiti to share God's word. This is their second trip and I'm learning from their experiences from last year.

Next stop ... Haiti!

No comments:

Post a Comment