Sunday, August 1, 2010

Friendship

Today I was reading a newsletter/devotional from Girlfriends in God and it was all about friendships. One of the passages highlighted our need for such relationships, and rather than reinvent the wheel, here it is:
"We all need friends. We need people in our lives that will love us where we are and help us get to a place of higher living. We need friends that will hold us accountable to God's standards -- friends that sharpen us."
I'll be honest, I miss my friends. God has blessed my life with amazing friends who make me wiser and better. They know all the quirky things about me that make me who I am. They know how to read between the lines of what I say. They know that my lack of a response is a response in and of itself. They know how to give me the honest truth even when I don't want to hear it. And they are always there to celebrate the happy times.

The friendships I've made since I've been here have provided much of the same love and support that I'm used to back home. Gods knows the needs of my heart and he provides. Over the past three weeks I have developed new friendships. And while some of the connections may be transitory, I know that others will be part of my life forever. Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 reminds me of the importance of friendship, "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!"

So thank you for listening, thank you for laughing, thank you for helping me up when I needed it. I am grateful for the opportunity to share this amazing experience with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment