Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Rubberbands

Here's a picture of Lukenson and me playing rubberbands a couple days ago.

The game is quite simple. One person throws a rubberband and the other person tries to throw their rubberband on top. It's sort of like bocce ball ... Jessica came up with the great analogy. The kids get pretty excited when they're playing, and Lukenson likes to move forward with each throw so he's closer to the prize. He has the most adorable laugh when he wins ... okay, his laugh is adorable every time I hear it. Sometimes he cheats and takes two turns in a row or doesn't give me my fair share of the winnings, but then he starts laughing, and it doesn't even matter.

I'm feeling much better today and trying to enjoy the last few days with the kids. I received some encouraging emails today, and had a heart-to-heart conversation with Jamie and Brooke about how I was feeling. They've been through it all (multiple times), and said that my frustration was normal. I am blessed by their wisdom and Haiti experience.

School was great, but it's hard to mess up the last day of school. Tomorrow is chapel, we are dismissing the kids early, and we have a surprise beach trip planned for Friday.

Tonight we're headed to Petionville for dinner and ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment