Friday, August 6, 2010

Can you say tourists?




Arielle, Brooke, and I took a toursit-type picture with the chicken at Epidor. Check out the enormous ice cream cone! Epidor reminds me of the food court at a mall. There was an area for pizza, an area for sandwiches, an area for burgers, and a couple areas for desserts. Unfortunately we were too full to get ice cream (sounds like an oxymoron, I know), so we stopped at Eagle Market to get ice cream for after dinner. Normally I wouldn't hesitate to spend money on ice cream, but I couldn't fathom spending 330 Haitian dollars on a pint of frozen goodness. That's about $8.50 US, so I opted for some dark chocolate instead.

And why were we not at school on this beautiful summer day? School was cancelled after we got word of manifestations in Port-au-Prince. This is an election year in Haiti, and there were political protests that may have prevented our Haitian teachers from getting to and from school. As for our safety, Pastor Dave (and many others) have said, "It's the safest place in the world if that's where God wants you to be."



No comments:

Post a Comment