Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What would you do?

This morning at breakfast I remembered that I didn't open my card from Priscilla last night. What an exciting Tuesday morning treat! As I broke the seal on the envelope, I noticed that there was something familiar inside. For a second I was excited, and as I read her note I realized that the contents were not for me. So, I've been brainstorming all day ... who do I give it to? Should there be some sort of criteria for selection? How will I know?

I shared my dilemma with Caitlin, and she said that I would know when it's time (thanks Pumpkin). Her response and this situation remind me of the importance of waiting on God's timing. Too often we (read I) become impatient and want things to happen when we're ready. This trip has provided many reminders that my plans are not always the same as what God wants for me.

Micah 7:7 says, "But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord; I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me."

No comments:

Post a Comment