Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Rainbow of Blessings


Coloring with the full box of 64 Crayola Crayons was always such a treat.  I liked the box with the built in sharpener, even if I never actually used it.  I never understood colors like Raw Umber and Burnt Sienna, as I preferred colors like Maize, Cornflower, and Magenta.  And after sorting through crayons with students, I am amazed at the rainbow of colors that exist.  There are sparkly crayons, larger crayons for children developing fine motor skills, shorter crayons for smaller hands, Disney princess and cars crayons, and nearly every other crayon imaginable. 

The BHS community has blessed the ministry and we surpassed our goal.  At last count we had over 3,000 crayons, and there's a stack in my classroom ready for last minute sorting and packing.  I also have a bag of soap, some various medical supplies, and am waiting for a few deliveries between now and Thursday.  This afternoon my dad asked how much 3,000 crayons weigh.  Thankfully half of the crayons are already on their way with Miss Jessica.

I've been rushing around the past few days feeling the pressure of having everything ready for Christmas, having everything ready at school before Winter Break, and having everything ready for Haiti.  And while I can feel the tension in my shoulders rise as I type this sentence, the message at church this morning resounds in my head.  Who I am in Christ is so much better than anything I'm not in this world.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment